Frequently Asked Questions
1. My child is interested in attending the Art Academy, what are the costs and the application process Tuition is paid on a monthly basis this tuition is payable at the 1st of each month and covers the entire costs of events, class time, supplies and instruction. Online classes & instruction is also available.
2. Are All applicants accepted? All applications are accepted. However we are not able to approve each application, all applications are reviewed by a tri-partied board which makes recommendation on based upon class availability, applicant's portfolio, student need and our ability to provide service to the student.
3. What kind of projects will my child be involved in? Community projects, team art projects, live caricature sittings, portrait sittings, classroom projects, computer research, sketching, comic book paneling, storyboarding, illustration.
4. How many hours are the sessions ? Each class is 2.0 hours each. . more on specific class times *Summer Sessions can last up to 40 hours per week.
5. Do you provide transportation to the Academy ? At this time we do not provide transportation to the facility, however we are Marta accessible and less than 1 mile from I 85. We are located next to CVS pharmacy and Chic A Filet on Cleveland Avenue.
6. What are the benefits of being a Academy student ? As a Academy student you will gain local and National attention through our website and affiliations with our sponsors. We offer a intense curriculum providing high level courses to elementary and high school students. Our students can also receive a discount off of art supplies at Sam Flax, Atlanta.
7. What courses can my child take, what are the hours of those courses?
Intro to Animation AN01INT-LIVE
This class meets every Friday from 5-7 pm - class duration 12 weeks starting Oct 2020. Academy students learn 2-d and 3-d software, character design, animatics, character design and modeling, Student learn aspects of the principles of animation, pose to pose, tweening, squash & stretch, scene development and more !
Comic Book Foundations CBBO2-LIVE
This class meets every Thursday from 5-7 pm - class duration 12 weeks starting Oct 2020. Academy students learn the foundations of creating a comic character and how to pencil ink and color in the Marvel Style of comic book creation. Academy students story synopsis, character development and story boarding
Drawing & Illustration LDIL01-LIVE
This class meets every Wednesday from 5-7 pm - class duration 12 weeks starting Oct 2020. Academy students learn basic anatomy, life drawing, gesture drawing value system by talented graduates of SCAD Atlanta, Academy instructors will teach you the value of strong drawing techniques, perfect for aspiring illustrators.
8. Do you provide private classes or classes for adults?
on a case by case basis, please contact us for more info.
9. What are the qualifications of your teachers ? Come form a wide variety of education and experience. Most of our instructors are graduates and honor graduates from SCAD - Savannah College of Art & Design . Others are presently in college, are college interns and or industry professionals. While not all are graduates, we believe that all have strong artistic background.
10. Are you giving classes during COVID 19 ? Are you having Summer classes ?
We are currently having virtual classes that end at the end of May,
2021. Summer classes will be virtual and registration will open up
for classes in June & July, there are no scheduled virtual or in person
classes for August 2021
If the answer to your question is not here or you would like to ask another type of question you may click here.
Amario's Art Academy for the Gifted and Talented, Comics, Animation Design School for Grades 3-12 ! Since 2005 (404) 559-1695
Amario's Art Academy for the Gifted &
Atlanta's First & Only Comic, Design and Animation School for Grades 3-12
1087 Cleveland Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30344
images subject to copyright and or trademark